10 days post-op and what do I find? The hardest part of this whole surgery thing is missing my kids! Who would have thought. I'm the same as every other Mom - I've had lots of Mom days when I wish the craziness would just stop and be over. But I miss it. All of it. I miss picking up the baby and breaking up the kids bickering. I miss taking them to school and bringing them home. I can hear the kids running around downstairs doing all of the normal things - with the addition of some outrageous things (thanks to the 'norm' being tossed out the window) and I miss being a part of it all.
It's so true what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side - hopefully I will be able to live out each day MORE grateful for what is going on in the present. How often have you been told "This too shall pass."? The bad will pass away, and so will the good.
Short post. I was so pleased to look in my in-box and see so many comments from friends! New friends from SITS (I can't wait to check out your blogs when I can sit up to the comp. for longer than 20 minutes) and old friends! THANKS!
Spring is HERE!!!

2 comments:
I know what you mean...So hectic is our life, but we wouldn't trade it for anything! I hope you're up and about soon!
So true, experiencing lots of bedrest has made me grateful for a "normal" day and everything that comes with it! (mostly!)
I hope your recovery goes smoothly and things get better from here on out!
Good luck,
Christy
Post a Comment