Tuesday, August 2

Where have all the writers gone?

LAUGH, out LOUD.......six weeks? Where did I go for so long? How is it possible that I just ignored my blog, facebook, and any other form of social interaction for 6 weeks?

Anxiety. Depression. Intervention. Help. Comfort. Baby Steps (think "What About Bob"). Therapy. Marriage Therapy. Loving Mentors. Inspired Bishop. Vigilant Heavenly Father. Christ's Atonement. Music. Words of wisdom. New medications. Hope. Actively Changing thinking patterns. Self-hypnosis/meditations. Acceptance. Decisions. Courage. Movement. Determination. Meekness. Humility.

If depression were a leg break,
And anxiety a cane,
I'd walk past friends and neighbors
whose swift look would know my pain.

My medicines would be just like
a marker signed so slow
As those who knew and loved me
wrote well wishes on my soul.

My healing could be seen 
with just an x-ray in short time.
But the impact of life's challanges
can't be read with MRI.

So, I turn to Christ and trust in God
and hold my husbands hand
Treasure my children's smiles and laugh's
and hope they understand.

There are millions out there in the world
who suffer just like me.
The answer is to turn our eyes to 
the night at Gesthemene.

For Christ, the Savior of the World
Felt all our pains and cares
This walk of life is not about how easy it should be.
The hard is there and all about what we choose to see.

As we walk the path he bravely led
Each day of his own life,
He taught us what it means to live
With grace, despite life's strife.

-Nicole Leifson Jensen
Copyright 2011

Life will bring rain, you might as well wear something
cheerful, right?! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent you a facebook message.
Jana

Followers