Monday, December 7

Christmas In July....

He changed his mind. Again. I know I am not the only parent dealing with "santa gift" problems. I've decided that it would be awesome to start a new community tradition. Wouldn't it be great if the malls put Santa in the stores in, say....July? If that seems like overkill then I could compromise with September. Just for a couple of weeks and then he could go back to Christmas Island, or wherever he happens to hang during his off season. This way, the kids would have to ask, be done, be committed, end of story. None of this changing your mind about what you are going to ask Santa for after your Mom has already (ahem) told him. By this point in the game, Santa's gift is happily waiting in the sewing room for it's magnificant presentation on Christmas Morning. Ugh! Grrr. Sigh. What's a Mom to do. Well? This Mom shops online, so well in fact that she doesn't pay for shipping. I certainly don't want to pay to send it back since I didn't even pay to have it sent here.
This time....my oldest son lucked out. It just so happens that his birthday is the first week in January so I'll give myself a pat on the back for getting his birthday shopping done early! FHE is tonight and I'm thinking that we need to make a little trek down to the mall so that the kids can tell Santa what I've been waiting to hear all year - it will certainly make my job a bit easier.



PS. Santa already has the other kids gifts too. The chance of Bugga-boo changing her mind was also pretty good, but Mom was a step ahead. Mom shows Bug a picture online, we talked about it, got excited and then?......Mom printed the picture out so that Bugga-boo could give it to Santa.  Since the kids are only allowed to ask Santa for one thing, looks like Mom won this one ☺

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey! Are you not doing preschool anymore? I haven't seen you in a long time!

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

Bug has had this super annoying cold FOREVER! I'm thinking it's a sinus infection so we're going to the dr on wed. Hopefully we'll be back on Thurs. Lily misses playing with Evie:(

Followers