Friday, December 18

How Can I Possibly Complain?

I've heard the name a few times. "Nie Nie" and until this evening I had no idea who or what it meant. Recovering from surgery I've been sitting at the computer tonight looking at different blogs and somehow I found her story. Reading a narrative of a woman named Stephanie Nielson and the airplane accident that she survived. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/stephanie-nielson-intro-120609.html  Apparently her blog: http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ was popular with readers long before her husband took up flying, and as is the case with the blogging world, word traveled quickly and strangers stepped into place as countless people loved a stranger.
I met her tonight and read, first, about the horrific details of her plane accident, recovery and ability to come through the darkest of days alive, and in love, and grateful to be a Mom. Talk about a wake-up call. Poor Nicole....feels bad that she can't make cookies or re-cover the chair sitting in the living room - feels bad that she can't hold baby on her lap to put him to bed tonight. HELLO!!! I will hold him tomorrow, maybe only for a minute, but I will.
I've had a motto that has become a regular part of my life during the past 6 months. "Fake it 'till you MAKE IT!" And yet, there are still days where I feel bad for myself because my cramps are so bad (waaa!) or...whatever. It's been a maturing experience to learn to tough it out and press forward regardless of what physical ailments may be present. It's a different kind of trial, just like every single persons trials are some kind of different - that said, no one really knows what the person down the street is going through, so why don't we all just give each other a hug and an encouraging smile and look for some way to help?
Each of us will walk through our own fire of this life, what will we do? I am grateful for the days that I've been given the strength to "Fake it till I make it" and grateful for the loving forgiveness of our Father in Heaven on the days that I feel bad for myself.
Take a moment to read the story of Stephanie Nielson, it may just make your life.
Click here to read an insiders narrative of Nie Nie's story

"There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity."




No comments:

Followers