Sunday, January 10

Don't Hate Me....

Don't hate me. Before I tell you what I sold and how much profit I made I'll first lessen the sweetness of this amazing deal by letting you know that most of this money is going towards buying a new water heater. Wahoo. (not that I am ungrateful for the obvious blessing, I am.)
Now,this is what I bought off of KSL about a year ago for $50. Go ahead and click on the picture for a better look. Isn't it pretty? Not. Sike! Haha.



After spending it's allotted time in the garage to 'ripen' I pulled it into the house to paint it. Well, actually Prince Charming lugged it into the house so that I could paint it. After it was painted, it spent several months buried in my craft room. Eventually I realized that what I really want and need to do is organize the closet with shelving and a built in desk. I also realized that I really don't sew enough to justify a mechanical lift. I am NOT a seamstress. I can sew straight seams to make pillows, kind of, and I can't read a sewing pattern to save my life! Hence, the decision to sell it.
The only thing slowing me down was the 70's era hardware for the handles. I couldn't decide what to do with it, and the cold weather was preventing me from trying spray paint as an improvement tool.
In the end, I used black satin Ribbon! Wa-la!! Below is the finished product that fetched a whopping $700.00!!


As a final note: In case anyone reading this thinks that I may have ripped off the cute grandma who bought it from me, here is a picture of what you could buy today from an online internet store for $699.00, not including what would have to be paid for shipping + freight charges. Aren't I nice? :)














1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! All your hard work was definitely worth the $700, I'm sure whoever bought it was very grateful to get something so beautiful without having to do all the work herself.

Followers