By the way....any of you women know someone out there who has celebrated the removal of her uterus? Haha....I do! For years, when my Mom's "time of the month" would roll around she would exclaim "ugh! I've been trying to quit for years!!" Haha! When she got the word that circumstances would require the surgery, she went out to dinner to celebrate! How funny is that? Why not? If you KNOW you are done having babies - just take it all out - right? I understand...but there is still that part of me that is sad to see my baby-maker gone.
Speaking of seeing.....(disclaimer: do not read the following paragraph if you are easily grossed out - k-?)
Last night I was talking to my Mom on the phone and I told her that I want to have the Dr. save my 'parts' so that I can see them. Wouldn't you be the least bit curious? I mean, this is part of my BODY that I've carried around since gestation, it's the part of my body that has grown my four children, so yeah, I want to see. I joked with my Mom that maybe I should take a picture to post it on my blog, LOL! She got really quiet and said "Do you really want to tell everyone about your private stuff?" to which I replied with an explination of blogging in 2010 and how one of the benifits of being honest about the crap in your life is that 1. others will empathize with you, 2. you may educate someone who is looking for help, and 3. you make friends in the weirdest places!
I doubt that I will post a picture of my ovaries and uterus on this blog. Then again....
I should say here - for the record -
When I was in Kindergarten I had my tonsils out.
I asked the Dr. to save them for me so that I could see them.
He did, and presented them to me in a clear jar floating in saline.
I took them home and showed them to my Kindergarten teacher (Linda Coray) when she came to visit.
Then, when I was better, I took them to school for show and tell.
No Joke.
Anybody want to see? Hahaha! Seriously, I am cracking myself up here. But I'm serious.
PS. My blog counter seems to be telling me that I'm having a few visitors. Thanks for stopping by :)

5 comments:
seriously, you really wanna SEE it?1 *shudders* I was shown a picture of my ovaries and cyst when they did the laparoscopy and the thought of that pic still gives me the creeps. LOL I'm soooo happy to hear about your surgery date though - I have a GF that celebrates her removal surgery anniversary, so I say "go for it!!"
~Miranda
You look like Lily in this picture!
Miranda - I know! Maybe I was a Doctor in my last life?
My mom has always said she's so glad to be rid of the "offending organ". Good luck!
I wish you the BEST of luck! =) I would want to see it too. Hahaha. I love that kind of stuff though...the surgeries and body parts. It's all very interesting.
Post a Comment