Monday, January 18

The Ugliest Little Thing - Transformed!

This is what I found during the same month that I found the sewing cabinet.
I don't have to tell you how thrilled Prince Charming was
to add another peice of ugly furniture to our garage ☺
I found it at a garage sale that I'd initially taken Kurt to because of the HUGE amount
of tools that were offered. He didn't buy any...but I spied this, the the VERY BACK
of the dark, dusty, overcrowded storage unit.
In the middle of downtown Ogden.
I would have been afraid for my life if I didn't have my Man with me.
When I asked the scary looking guy how much he wanted for it he said $10.00
I offered $8.00 (I know, but it's how the game is played) and he said OK.
$8.00 + Elbow Grease + One peice of glass for the front ($6.00) +
One roll of wrapping paper from
Tai Pan Trading Co.($4.00) =
A pretty darn cute place to show off my cookbook collection and my homemade Jam :)
   BEFORE



AFTER




It's not an amazingly high quality piece of furniture, but it has charm and it was a good deal.
Prince Charming cut two new shelves and I wrapped them with wrapping paper that I found at Tai Pan Trading Co. for a deal. I primed with aquaphor Gripper which is a primer that sticks to anything and makes sanding unnecessary, then topped it with two coats of Behr's Ultra Pure White High Gloss latex paint.



THE END!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Followers