Wednesday, November 10

YOU are Beautiful!!!

If there was one thing that I took away from my "Heart of the Woman" retreat, it was a newly expanded, life changing understanding of WHO Eve is, and how we, as her daughters are BEAUTIFUL. 
Watch and Listen. Forget the world. Ignore the voice of the adversary that is telling you today that you aren't good enough, fast enough, productive enough, pretty enough, thin enough, tough enough or tender enough. You are EVERYTHING. So, as the scripture says,

Matt 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.
  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; 
for I am meek and lowly in heart: 
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Life is hard, and we make it harder for ourselves and for our families when we try to DO IT BY OURSELVES. But when we take even 5 minuets to sit and pray and read HIS words in the scripture, we are more likely to believe the message that is in this song-and our eyes turn in the direction of our Savior. He becomes our light for the day and will show us what our priorities need to be. Laundry? Maybe. Holding a child? Probably. Calling about that med. bill? Returning the Library books? Calling that friend whose name keeps coming to mind? Who knows.
HE does. So join me in giving the day to our Savior.
It is then that we become a tool in His Hand
and OUR burden becomes light.




2 comments:

Christine said...

Nicole you are beautiful, thank you for sharing the song and the message.

Staci said...

I like that song. I sent you back a message on fb about the book- email me back. I'd like to hear more about the conference.

Followers