Saturday, December 5

Nothing's In There Mommy....



So, tonight I was sitting on our couch enjoying the happy feeling in our home (for once!) when Bugga-boo came up to me and asked to play doctor. She had a big huge popsicle stick that was in all actuality a toung-depressor. "Open wide Mommy, this is my flashlight....(which I obedientely did.)....yep, I don't see anything in there...except your pain." said Bug, Then I said, "Well doctor can you make it better?" Bug:"no, I don't think so, I'm not a very good doctor but you can put this ribbon around your neck...like this....and, does that help your pain? I didn't think so, well I have to go. Good Luck"


So, Isn't that just the gosh darn truth? Just because we can see the pain, doesn't mean we can fix it. She was being so cute, in fact...surprise, surprise, ALL of the kids were being so cute. Playing hide and seek together, then playing house, then playing doctor (with ALL of their clothes on.) and they weren't fighting, much. Or tattle-taleing, often. But they were having fun. Ohohohohoh!  AND these three kids actually cleaned up the mess that they had created in the basement family room. ALL BY THEMSELVES! Seriously. And it was GOOD. Of course, what they don't realize is that performing to such a high capacity has now officially raised the standard of expectation for what they are able to do.Yes-sir-re-bob!


I love these fleeting moments that bring hope into my heart. I love the chance to smother the kids with praise for playing so well together and - getting along. A happy heart is the best kind of heart to have and so often, as a Mom, our hearts are filled with worry  or sorrow or quilt. But the Lord has promised and taught "behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have."

 I've seen it over and over again. Once I think I have one of the kids figured out, they go and (gasp!) change. Once I feel like I am finally getting the hang of things someone gets sick (ugh!) So learn the lesson now, and save yourself from the pain of losing whatever you had already been given. I suppose that if we spend our lives on our knees in prayer, seeking for more ways we can do better, thanking HIM for what we already have. Then keep plugging away, one day at a time. And when your family has an evening that seems to be more rare than you'd like, acknowledge his hand in allowing that blessing to come to pass, and then humbly ask what more we can do. Because "After all, Tomorrow is Another Day."


1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are a wonderful mom, Nicole. Someday I'm going to come to you for all the "answers!" Love the blog.

Followers